Safe Link is a technology in the Gateways with integrated Safety Monitors and the Safety Basic Monitors with Ethernet interface. It allows safety controllers to be connected to each other simply, efficiently and with the greatest possible flexibility. Learn more about it in the following articles.
Safety over Ethernet
Both factory and process automation are showing a trend towards ever more complex, branched applications. The most efficient possible coupling of safe networks now becomes one of the special challenges in the area of safety.
A simple and cost-effective solution
Bihl+Wiedemann has met this challenge with a simple and costeffective solution: Safe Link, i.e. safe coupling over the Ethernet interface of the AS-i gateways with integrated safety monitor. In the maximum configuration this means up to 1922 safety two-channel input signals can be collected while controlling safety outputs either centrally or locally.
Couple up to 31 gateways
This approach enables up to 31 Safety Basic Monitors or Gateways with integrated Safety Monitor to be coupled to each other – without losing performance at any point and without the use of additional hardware.
Safe Link at a glance
Safety monitors coupled over standard Ethernet
- Connections between the devices over Ethernet are generally already present
- Coupling over Ethernet-based fieldbus interface
- Coupling over Ethernet diagnostics interface
- Safe Link meets SIL3/Cat4/PLe
31 devices can be coupled with each other
- 31 signals per device can be provided
- 31 x SIL3/Kat4/PLe
- “Each one hears all” principle
- Up to 1922 safety signals
- Drag and Drop
- Familiar environment
- Concentration on the essentials
Safe coupling regardless of the fieldbus
- Full compatibility and integration
- No additional hardware needed
- One system for all applications
Safe Link – the simplest way to safely couple many signals