The current ASi-5/ASi-3 gateways by Bihl+Wiedemann are also the most powerful ASi-3 masters – because the integrated ASi-3 master "profits" from numerous novel features. We were able to implement many improvements also thanks to close cooperation with our ASi-5 pioneer customers. In the new gateway generation, you will probably already find the legitimate successor device.
Even without the use of ASi-5 slaves, there is much to be said for the new gateway generation:
- Field update capability for tamper-proof firmware and security updates
- Integrated OPC UA server for Industry 4.0 applications
- Integrated web server for fast system diagnostics
- Cyber security measures through rigorous testing & end-to-end encryption
- Extra functions, e.g. a real-time clock to capture diagnostic buffer entries
Devices with integrated safety monitor also have additional features, such as safe operating mode selection PLe or Safe Link via multicast and broadcast.
Fig.: Two all-rounders from the new gateway generation – BWU3862 (left) and BWU4019 (right)
Bihl+Wiedemann ASi-5/ASi-3 gateways are now available as single or double masters for nearly all common fieldbus systems (e.g. PROFINET, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP). They are optionally also available with integrated safety monitor and for safe fieldbus protocols (e.g. PROFIsafe, CIP Safety, FSoE). You can replace your existing ASi-3 gateways with little configuration effort.
You can find your most-suitable successor device or the matching ASi-5/ASi-3 gateway in our Product selector.