The EXTREME Product Line modules from Bihl+Wiedemann are built for use under extreme conditions. The combination of IP67 protection rating and the ASi standard enables reliable and efficient communication between machines.
100% protection against moisture
Machines and communication devices which are installed in an outdoor area, can be subjected to strong temperature fluctuations and high humidity. Regular variations in temperature between day and night cause dew formation when the air becomes saturated.
- Waterproof plastic housing
- Protects up to 100% relative humidity
- The coated circuit board provides the highest resistance to condensation
- Optimal protection against ice formation inside the module
Highest resistance to salt spray
The use of machines at sea or in coastal areas put extremely high demands on the electronics. The aggressive properties of sodium chloride cause irreparable damage (corrosion) to machines and control elements.
- Coated circuit boards provide assured functionality even under continuous contact with salt spray
- Products are tested to EN 60068-2-52 Severity Level 3
High corrosion resistance
Gas mixture for corrosion test
Composition according EN 60068-2-60 method 4
Benefits of the EXTREME Product Line Modules
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Increased machine uptime and investment security
- Greater productivity