ZPA and AS-Interface: pre-programmed and freely parameterizable
Achieve strictly defined distances between the conveyed unit loads with ZPA (Zero Pressure Accumulation). Thanks to a controlled material flow you can thus prevent unintentional collisions and save energy at the same time. This is because the motors only run when conveyed goods are actually being transported in the system.
Our pre-programmed ZPA solution allows you to implement zero pressure accumulation easily and cost-effectively. It is compatible with all Bihl+Wiedemann ASi drive solutions – and thus with drive systems from a wide range of manufacturers (e.g. INTERROLL, RULMECA, Itoh Denki, SEW EURODRIVE, NORD DRIVESYSTEMS, Rockwell Automation, Lenze, Bonfiglioli).
ZPA with simplest connection technology for frequency inverters (top) or up to four motorized rollers (bottom).
Advantages of our ZPA solution
- Autonomous and control-independent material handling – Implemention of zero pressure accumulation for a wide variety of conveyed goods, without the complexity of centralized wiring and PLC programming.
- Simple configuration and parameterization – Convenient way to configure basic and additional functions in our software suite, even without prior technical knowledge
- Detailed and fieldbus-independent diagnostics – Diagnostic options using the ASi-5/ASi-3 Gateway as a universal configuration interface and a diagnostic interface
- Manufacturer-independent solution – Use our zero pressure accumulation technology with drive solutions from a wide range of manufacturers – even in mixed systems.
- Connection to almost all PLCs –Integration into almost all common controls via PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, Modbus, EtherCAT, Sercos and POWERLINK.