Hours: 40 hours/52 weeks per year
Reports to: Division Manager
Job Location: Grandville, Michigan
Bihl+Wiedemann is an internationally active manufacturer of electronics for automation technology with headquarters in Germany. The emphasis of our high-tech product range is on devices for occupational safety and data communication in machines and equipment. Our products are used all over the world by leading manufacturers of consumer and capital goods.
The ideal candidate will be professional, welcoming, engaging, and pleasant – as well as being able to convey a demeanor befitting the organization and its leadership. Primary duties will include acting as the initial point of contact for internal and external customers; providing administrative support, responding to questions, and working to resolve issues as appropriate. This position will share the responsibility for answering the phone to direct callers to the appropriate person as well as many other general office support activities contributing to the company’s growth. Regular attendance when expected during normal scheduled hours is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external customers, providing support, responding to questions, and working to resolve issues as appropriate.
- Process incoming orders quickly, efficiently & accurately.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels – reconcile as necessary.
- Provide general support for office including answering phones, scheduling meetings and other general tasks as requested.
- Perform routine and unexpected duties with minimal supervision.
- Manage, organize, and maintain files – both physical & electronic.
- Draft internal and external communications as requested.
- Accepting, signing for and distributing packages and mail.
- Order office supplies and anticipate when office supplies or food/beverages need to be ordered as well as coordinating catering/other needs for in-office meetings.
- Local travel for general office errands.
- May require occasional evening hours.
- Some out-of-state travel may be required to participate in professional organizations and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years of clerical or administrative assistant experience. Order entry experience as well as inventory management is preferred but not required.
- Experience communicating and working effectively with diverse populations.
- Strong work ethic
- Team player, willing to step in when needed to support others in the office with the flexibility to work extended hours during busy times (both before and after regular business hours) along with the willingness to coordinate lunch/vacation times with other support staff to ensure appropriate coverage of office
- Proven competencies in software applications and programs, particularly Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and Power Point) are required.
- Excellent word processing and file management skills along with good working knowledge of office equipment and procedures including computers, printers, telephone systems, etc. are also beneficial.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, provide follow-up and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- The ability to function professionally under pressure, while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Possess mature judgment, flexibility regarding interruptions and the ability to handle difficult situations.
- Must possess personal tact, discretion, and good judgment along with the ability to report for work in a timely manner. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Requires long periods of sitting and entering information into a computer. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds, bend, twist and ambulate around office.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Method of Application
Submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and two reference letters. Please send your application documents in pdf format and reference “Administrative Assistant “, to: applicationbihl-wiedemann.com