Hours: 40 hours/52 weeks per year
Reports to: Division Manager
Job Location: Grandville, Michigan
Bihl+Wiedemann is an internationally active manufacturer of electronics for automation technology with headquarters in Germany. The emphasis of our high-tech product range is on devices for occupational safety and data communication in machines and equipment. Our products are used all over the world by leading manufacturers of consumer and capital goods.
To support our continued growth at our new location in the US, we are looking for a Field Application Engineer. The responsibilities for this position will involve development of individualized solutions for customer-specific applications, supporting the sales team as well as acting as an interface between development, customers and product specialists. Additionally, this position will conduct training and field technical questions from customers working with our products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather, coordinate and resolve complex technical inquiries that are generated by customers by phone, email or in person (on-site).
- Act as an interface between development staff, customers and product specialists.
- Develop individualized system solutions for customer-specific applications.
- Act as primary contact person for the sales team to resolve technically complex questions.
- Interacts with all internal and external sources necessary to successfully complete assignments.
- Carry out product-specific training sessions, seminars and service calls.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping their information confidential.
- Analyze customer requirement and ensure product meet customer requirements appropriately.
- Provide technical support to customer and configure services.
- Preparing reference material for users by drafting operation instructions.
- Maintain knowledge on industry trends and resolve all design issues.
- Maintains records of customer information.
- Understands and maintains thorough knowledge of company products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
An ideal candidate will hold a technical degree in electrical engineering with exposure (either formal education or experience in) industrial automation or industrial controls. The desire to take on responsibility while working as part of a team is also ideal as well as possessing an organized, independent and reliable work ethic. Familiarity with various measuring and analysis equipment is also beneficial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
- Complex Problem Solving
- Systems analysis/evaluation
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
20-30% of the job maybe spent away from the office with customers. One week of training will be conducted at Bihl+Wiedemann’s office in Mannheim, Germany.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Method of Application
Submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and two reference letters. Please send your application documents in pdf format and reference “Support / Applications Engineer “, to: applicationbihl-wiedemann.com