Hours: 40 hours/52 weeks per year
Reports to: President
Job Location: Texas (and surrounding area)
Bihl+Wiedemann is an internationally active manufacturer of electronics for automation technology with headquarters in Germany. The emphasis of our high-tech product range is on devices for occupational safety and data communication in machines and equipment. Our products are used all over the world by leading manufacturers of consumer and capital goods.
Responsible for implementing specific sales and marketing strategies in an assigned territory and/or account base. The primary accountability for this position is to grow sales of all Bihl+Wiedemann Inc products in the assigned territory and/or account base by winning specifications or orders from customers. Customer base includes OEMs, end-users, architect/engineering firms, control system integrators and control system manufacturers.
Scope of Responsibility
This is a remote office position responsible for managing distributors/representative firms (on average, five distributors) with limited to no supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a sales plan for assigned territory and/or accounts.
- Increase overall sales volume in the assigned territory and/or account base to exceed assigned sales objectives.
- Develop new customers to increase account base by leading sales efforts to acquire significant projects, end-user specifications and/or OEM business through direct involvement and coordination of factory resources and channel (distribution) as necessary.
- Vertical penetration of new and existing accounts that are strategic to sales growth in the assigned territory and/or account base.
- Provide inputs to Sales Management that will assist them in the development of sales quotas, sales objectives, volume forecasts, marketing plans, advertising programs, sales tool development and new product development.
- Participate in sales meetings, sales training and customer seminars and trade shows as required.
- Work with, train and assist distributors within assigned territory.
- Work and communicate with internal departments for product development and/or customer orders/requirements for product.
- Work with customers and Bihl+Wiedemann Inc to support product and/or solve product issues at customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This job requires a technical degree along with four to five years of sales and/or marketing experience. Manufacturing or machinery experience is helpful.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
30-40% of the job is spent away from the office with customers. Frequent local travel within the assigned territory with two to three trips to Bihl+Wiedemann Inc. each year. Safety glasses, earplugs, safety gloves and vests are worn in certain factories.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Method of Application
Bihl+Wiedemann Inc. is accepting applications for this position at http://www.bihl-wiedemann. de/us/career/job-openings.htmlSubmit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and two reference letters. Please send your application documents in pdf format and reference “Territory Manager “, to: applicationbihl-wiedemann.com.