Hours: 40 hours/52 weeks a year
Reports to: President
Job location: Grand Rapids, MI (Grandville, MI)
The first person guests meet when they visit the Office of Bihl+Wiedemann Inc. is the Administrative Assistant. This person should be friendly, welcoming, engaging, and pleasant. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for answering the main lines, directing callers and guests to the appropriate office as well as convey a demeanour befitting the organization and its leadership, and maintains other general office management activities supporting the company’s growth.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide general support for office including answering phones, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars and other general tasks as requested
- Act as initial point of contact for internal and external customers, providing support, responding to questions and working to resolve issues as appropriate
- Maintain executive administrative area budgets and provide analysis as requested
- Manage, organize, and maintain files (including confidential material for President)
- Draft internal and external communications as requested
- Coordinate travel arrangements for office personnel
- Assist the executive offices with correspondence, preparation of reports and other data.
- Ability to anticipate needs of the office (when supplies or food/beverages need to be ordered) and of the supported executives (travel needs, catering/other needs for in-office meetings.
- Ability to travel for general office errands
- Accepting, signing for, and distributing packages and mail
- Team player, willing to step in when needed and support EAs, flexibility to work longer hours during busy times (both before and after regular business hours), willingness to coordinate lunch/vacation times with support staff to ensure coverage of office
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of three or more years of secretarial or administrative assisting experience required
- Executive support experience preferred
- Experience communicating and working effectively with diverse populations
- Requires long periods of sitting, inputting information into a computer
- Effectively serve in a customer service office environment
- Reading, math calculating, writing, listening, speaking and answering the phone or other physical demands of the position
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds, bend, twist, and ambulate around office
- High energy level with enthusiasm and interest in helping and supporting staff and customers in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work under pressure. Possess mature judgment, flexibility in regards to interruptions and ability to handle difficult situations
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimal supervision.
- Professional and Friendly while able to act as first point of contact
- Attention to detail, follow-up and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- The ability to function professionally under pressure, while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Proven competencies in software applications and programs, particularly Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Excellent word processing and file management skills.
- Good working knowledge of office equipment and procedures including computers, photocopiers, printers, fax machines, mailing equipment, telephone systems, filing systems, etc.
- Must possess personal tact, discretion and good judgment. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with groups
- Ability to work in a fast paced, indoor office environment
- May require occasional evening hours
- Some travel may be required to participate in professional organizations and conferences
Method of Application
Bihl+Wiedemann Inc. is accepting applications for this position at https://www.bihl-wiedemann.de/us/career/job-openings.html. Submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and two reference letters. Please send your application documents in pdf format and reference “Administrative Assistant“, to: applicationbihl-wiedemann.com.