In many application scenarios, IO-Link solutions from Bihl+Wiedemann are much more cost-efficient than similar solutions from other providers. An application with Bihl+Wiedemann is already cheaper than comparable PROFINET variants from three 4-port IO-Link masters. Another factor is the finer granularity. Our 1-port IO-Link master allows you to integrate an IO-Link device exactly where you need it. Thanks to piercing technology, it is extremely easy to install our IO-Link master. You can substantially reduce the time required for assembly.
The more devices you need for your control system, the greater your cost advantage when you choose an IO-Link solution from Bihl+Wiedemann. For example, in a medium-sized application with 50 IO-Link devices, you can save up to 40 %* against a comparable PROFINET, EtherNet/IP or EtherCAT version.
With 50 devices*, you can save up to 40 %
- Only 4-port IO-Link masters with 4 ports each are used or compared.
- IO-Link devices (sensors or actuators) can only be connected using an IO-Link master. A maximum of 4 IO-Link devices can therefore be connected to a 4-port IO-Link master. Therefore, three 4-port IO-Link masters with a total of 12 ports are required to connect 10 IO-Link devices.
- The price comparison based on list prices does not take discounts into account. These must be included for exact cost comparison.
- Further cost savings through to the simple AS-Interface wiring system are not included in the price comparison.
- Status: 09/2019
IO hubs and IO-Link master ports are often used to collect many digital I/Os – there is great saving potential in this respect. Simply use a Bihl+Wiedemann ASi-5 self-configuring I/O module: The 16 digital signals of the BWU4230 can be distributed freely as inputs or outputs – and can be connected without having to pass through IO-Link. By simply integrating digital I/Os via ASi, you do not need any additional IO-Link master ports just for standard signals. At the same time, you eliminate the need for the M12 connection cable between IO-Link I/O hubs and IO-Link master ports. The maximum IO-Link cable length of 20 meters is also irrelevant. That's because piercing technology enables you to distribute the digital I/Os anywhere along the ASi line with a length of up to 200 meters. Here you can find additional information about the ASi-5 self-configuring 16 I/O module.
- Sensors and actuators can be connected in any combination; offering you the possibility of having 2 signals per M12 connection
- No M12 ports go unused thanks to a product portfolio that offers options from 4 I/Os to 16 I/Os
- 16 inputs/outputs with ASi-5 in 1.27 ms
- Cost-effective and fast collection of many inputs and outputs
- Various connection types – the ASi/AUX connection is made via
Bihl+Wiedemann offers a well thought-out concept for the integration of IO-Link. You benefit from freedom of topology, reduced wiring complexity without switches and a smart power supply concept. Further advantages include reduced IP management complexity and low-cost IO-Link masters, which we provide with 1, 2, 4, and 8 ports.
IO-Link devices are nowadays common in machines and systems. This is because IO-Link allows sensors and actuators to be connected to the control level via a cost-effective point-to-point connection. Find out more about IO-Link and the associated advantages here.