It makes no difference whether active or passive: when it comes to powering sensors and actuators, the newest distributor generation from Bihl+Wiedemann is the perfect solution for any system concept. Nor does the user need to worry about line protection: this is already integrated into both the active and passive distributors. The next pages show the benefits of the new distributor generation from Bihl+Wiedemann.
- Active distributors
- Passive distributors
- Passive distributors and active distributors
- Passive distributors by Bihl+Wiedemann
- Optionally with integrated fuse
- Profile cable installation with Bihl+Wiedemann
- Passive distributor ASi 8 A and passive distributor AUX 20 A
- Installation in cable duct
- Simple and secure application
- Active Distributors by Bihl+Wiedemann
- Passive dsitributors and active distributors in comparison
Jochen Bihl talks about the advantages of passive distributors in ASi networks. With passive distributors you can easily connect sensors and actuators having the ASi chip.
Video length: 2:09
Jochen Bihl introduces new active distributors with an integrated ASi chip. Active distributors make it possible to easily connect a wide range of standard sensors and actuators to ASi.
Video length: 2:22
Passive distributors and active distributors
Generally there are two common ways of connecting and powering sensors and actuators to AS-Interface . For components with ASi already on board, a simple passive Distributor is all that is needed (Fig., left). But even for completely normal standard modules without ASi there is an efficient solution: they can be easily incorporated into the network using so-called active distributors (Fig., right) with integrated ASi Chip.
With 2 × M12 sockets and LED display
- Compact design
- 2 × profile cables for ASi and/or AUX connection to 2 x M12 sockets
- 6 × LED status display to indicate the state of the ASi/AUX power supply to the module and at the
- M12 connectors
- Optionally with 4 × 4 A replaceable fuses or with 4 × 1 A self-resetting fuse
- High protection rating IP67
Installation with the new passive distributor
- The passive distributors with protection rating IP67 are suitable as a start or end point of the profile cables
- No additional end caps are required. The ASi/AUX profile cable can begin or end directly in the module (IP54)
- The special passive AUX distributors allow a power supply of max. 20 A to be passed through for actuators
Passive distributor ASi 8 A and passive distributor AUX 20 AThe passive distributors from Bihl+Wiedemann are offered in various versions, e.g. as Passiv Distributor ASi 8 A (see figure above) and as Passive Distributor AUX 20 A (see figure below)
When you screw the upper and lower parts of the module together, the contact pins are closed firmly and tightly - by compressing the rubber material between the housing parts. The contact pressure defined in the piercing technology enables the IP67 protection class to be safely achieved with just one screw. This seal creates an optical gap between the upper and lower parts of the module. This is completely normal and has no influence on the achievement of the protection class.
Here you will find a wide selection of active distributors with various connection options via M8/M12 sockets, connecting wires, spring-cage or push-in terminals.
Here you will find a wide selection of passive distributors. They are equipped with up to five M12 or M8 sockets or connecting wires in different versions and thus offer the right connection for every application.
The yellow ASi cable represents the simplest connection technology and efficient power distribution. Discover how you can save around 68 % on wiring costs compared to round cable solutions.