Integrating ASi-5 PCB Modules and Making any Component ASi-capable
ASi-5 PCB Modules for various applications
With a Bihl+Wiedemann ASi-5 PCB module, it is possible to add an ASi-5 interface to a wide range of applications. The control elements shown in the figure on the left represent a typical example. They can be easily connected to the PLC using the PCB modules – decentrally and in an existing housing.
At the same time, the control elements can be easily integrated into an existing ASi network. Installing the compact (W / H / D: 70 × 40 × 26.5 mm) ASi-5 PCB module on an existing circuit board eliminates more than just the need for complex wiring. You also save space for additional IP20 or IP67 I/O modules.
The ASi-5 PCB Modules are available in different variants
Our ASi-5 PCB modules are suitable for the connection of
- Modern, digital I/Os
- IO-Link A devices of many manufacturers
Safe signals, e.g. for E-STOP Buttons or optoelectronic protective devices
Serial connections with RS485, e.g. for communication with an inverter or a barcode scanner
Advantages of ASi-5 PCB Modules
Connection Circuit Board
For all PCB modules, we also offer an optional connection circuit board, having the shape and functions we define together with you. It is possible, for example, to position spring-type terminals, status LEDs or additional assembly aids on it. Get in touch with us.
Products at a glance
The ASi-5 PCB modules are available for digital I/Os, IO-Link devices, safe signals and serial connections with RS485.
To the product overview
ASi-5 PCB Module for Digital I/Os (BWR4736)
- Up to 16 digital inputs/outputs, depending on configuration
- Up to 350 mA per output
- Connection via pin strip
- 1 ASi-5 address
- W / H / D in mm: 70 × 40 × 26.5
ASi-5 PCB Module with Integrated IO-Link Master (BWR4771)
- 4 × IO-Link ports
- Sensor supply (IO-Link supply and input/output supply) from AUX
- 1 ASi-5 address
- W / H / D in mm: 65 × 40 × 26.5
ASi-5 PCB Modules for safe signals
By combining standard and safety signals, many different applications can be achieved from the same module.
- 2 safe inputs each and up to 12 standard signals, depending on the configuration
- A single ASi-5 address for secure and non-secure nodes
- Reduces impedances on the ASi circuit
- 2 × 2-channel safe inputs (SIL 3, Kat. 4) – either for
- Potential-free contacts or
- for optoelectronic protective devices
- Additional 12 digital I/Os
ASi-5 PCB Module for serial connections with RS485
Various serial protocols can be integrated in this variant of the ASi-5 PCB module. We already offer several products for solutions in the field of drive technology (e.g., for SEW MOVIMOT® , EBM-Papst, Rockwell and Bonfiglioli). Do you have a different RS485 capable component? Feel free to contact us.