Drive Solutions for Lenze
On this page, we present our ASi-3 and ASi-5 drive solutions for Lenze. All modules are plug-and-play solutions with pin assignments adapted to the respective Lenze drive. We currently provide modules for the following drives:
- Lenze Smart Motor
- Lenze i550 IO-Link
Please contact us if the drive you are looking for is not listed here. Here you will find detailed information about the advantages of our AS-Interface drive solutions.
Here you will find the product overview of our drive solutions for Lenze Smart motors.
Your advantages at a glance
- Remote installation, easy maintenance
- Reliable use, even in extreme temperatures of up to -30 °C
- Connections for up to 3 sensors in one module
- Can control up to 5 speeds
- Simple connection of the Lenze Smart motor via M12 sockets or pre-assembled cables
- Transmission of standard signals and safety signals on the same cable
- Optimum connection to the control system via all popular fieldbus systems
- Different module designs are available for the control system of the Lenze Smart motor depending on the desired method of installation
ASi-5 Self-configuring Module for Lenze Smart Motors
The ASi-5 self-configuring 8 I/O module (BWU4232) is perfectly suited for the Lenze Smart motor or other drives with a binary interface. You can control two Lenze Smart motors using one 8-I/O module. That is because the binary connection of the motor allows for three digital inputs and one output – distributed over two M12 cables.
Your Advantages at a Glance
- ASi-5 transmits the 8-bit bidirectional process data consistently in just 1.27 ms
- Thanks to the high I/O density per ASi-5 module, ASi addresses are greatly reduced
- The detailed channel-specific diagnostics enable individual detection of an output short circuit or overload of the sensor supply at each connection
- Errors can be quickly localized and rectified by means of cyclic diagnostics
- Combined with Bihl+Wiedemann diagnostic software, system troubleshooting is made even easier through active assistance features
- Status of outputs individually readable
- Cost-efficient digital outputs
- All signals on a single cable
ASi-5 Self-configuring I/O Module, IP67, M12, 8I/O (BWU4232)
ASi-5 IO-Link Modules for Lenze i550
The decentralized Lenze i550 protect (IP66) frequency inverter can be easily integrated into ASi-5 with our compact active distributor (BWU4088), whereas our IO-Link Master in IP20 (BWU3843) matches perfectly the i550 control cabinet inverter. By integrating the inverters in ASi, you immediately benefit from all the advantages: easy installation, high flexibility, and low costs with maximum functionality.
Your Advantages at a Glance
- ASi-5 transfers the 12 bytes of process data in only 2.54 ms and is comparable to the Lenze PROFINET data image
- Simple parameterization of the frequency inverters through the integrated IODD • Automatic configuration and commissioning of replacement devices
- Extensive diagnostic capabilities of the i550 enable predictive maintenance. They are made available by the ASi-5/ASi-3 gateway, e.g., via OPC UA.
- Monitoring of operating time, utilization, controller deviation and heat sink temperature e.g. via OPC UA.
Fig.: Our broad product portfolio enables the implementation of a wide range of application scenarios. The example in the middle shows how one motor is simultaneously detected with an infra-red distance sensor in the ASi-5 system via the Lenze frequency inverter. This is made possible by our BWU4088 IO-Link drive solution.
Here you find further information about all IO-Link solutions by Bihl+Wiedemann.
Solutions for Drives From Leading Manufacturers
Bihl+Wiedemann offers a wide range of solutions for drives from many leading manufacturers – for motorized rollers (Interroll, Itoh Denki, RULMECA), DC motors (ebm-papst), and frequency inverters (SEW, NORD, Rockwell, Lenze, Bonfiglioli). Other manufacturers can also be integrated if necessary.