Profit from the variety of ways to extend ASi cable runs to 1000 m for example. Use the ASi Bus Termination, ASi Tuner and ASi Repeaters to extend the range of the ASi network flexibly and cost-effectively.
- Options for Circuit Extension with Bihl+Wiedemann
- Splitting into Several Segments
- Reflection Signal Attenuation
- Very long ASi cables by combining ASi Repeaters and ASi Bus Terminations
- Signal Extension with ASi repeaters in Combined ASi-3/ASi-5 Installations
- Advantages of Circuit Extension with Bihl+Wiedemann
Splitting into Several Segments
- Dividing the ASi cable into multiple 100 m networks with their own Master and own power supply or by using double masters
- Short ASi cables minimize interference susceptibility
- Retains all the advantages of a 100 m ASi network
- Not possible without an upper bus system
- Very simple and cost-effective solutions using ASi Bus Termination
- Possible network extension by up to 100 m
- ASi network should be checked at commissioning using the Software for Diagnostics, Service and Release Measurements ( BW2902 )
- Extending the ASi cable by 200 m using the ASi Tuner or ASi Diagnostic Tuner
- Individual optimization of the network impedance
- Optical display of the network signal quality: continuous monitoring
- Extension of the ASi cable by up to 100 m with ASi repeaters, or 200 m with integrated ASi-3 bus termination possible
- Areas with very high EMC interference can be bridged
- ASi repeaters cause a certain delay of each telegram, therefore only max. 2 ASi repeaters in series are possible
- From the first ASi repeater no more ASi-5 communication is possible
- Simple and cost-effective solution with an ASi Bus Termination
- Improved EMC properties due to galvanic isolation
- ASi cable runs with a length of for example 1000 m using ASi Repeaters and ASi Bus Terminations
The yellow ASi cable represents the simplest connection technology and efficient power distribution. Discover how you can save around 68 % on wiring costs compared to round cable solutions.
The standardized fieldbus system AS-Interface (ASi) helps you drastically reduce your wiring complexity. You also benefit from free choice of topology and cost-effective integration of safety features on the same infrastructure.
Here you will find ASi repeaters for installation in the switching cabinet and in IP67 for cable extension up to 1000 m. They are best suited to meet more stringent EMC requirements.