With the new Speed Monitor for sine/cosine and SSI encoders (BWU2849) Bihl+Wiedemann offers a device with very short shut-off time and many new functions, such as monitoring ramp-down or position ranges. Profit from the wide functional scope of this module.
Fig. 1: Connecting the new speed monitor (BWU2849) to the encoder(s)
- Monitor up to 2 axis, up to SIL3, PLe
- Shut-off time < 5 ms possible
- For sine/cosine or SSI encoder
- Detailed diagnostics and shut-off history via software or control
- Chip card for easy device exchange
- 22,5 mm width
- 2 safe electronic outputs
Fig. 2: With the new speed monitor for sine/cosine and SSI (BWU2849) you can implement many safety functions in accordance with EN 61800-5-2.