Control save drives using CIP Safety via Sercos
The new CIP Safety via Sercos Gateway (BWU3160) from Bihl+Wiedemann can – as a CIP Safety Originator – safely control and monitor safe drives having a CIP Safety interface without needing a host safe controller. The drives are controlled as usual by the standard controller. The CIP Safety Gateway takes over the safety part and safely switches the drives off when necessary.
Of course Bihl+Wiedemann also offers Safety Gateways for combining with a safe PLC (F-CPU): PROFIsafe via PROFIBUS, PROFIsafe via PROFINET and CIP Safety via EtherNet/IP.
Fig.. CIP Safety Gateway (BWU3160) and frequency converters with integrated speed monitor, connected through CIP Safety via Sercos
The ASi Safety Gateway CIP Safety via Sercos
- Safe control of drives with integrated speed monitor and safe fieldbus interface
- Simplified handling and reduced hardware and installation costs through integration of drive-, peripheral- and safety-bus as well as standard Ethernet in a single network
- CIP Safety via Sercos for 2 ASi networks, integrated switch
- Version "1 Gateway, 1 power supply for 2 ASi networks"
- Applications up to SIL3/Cat4/PLe
- Chip card for easy device exchange
- 2 ASi Masters in 1 Gateway
- 3 two-channel inputs in the unit, expandable by up to 62 two-channel safe inputs
- 6 independent safe outputs in the device expandable to maximum 64 independent safe outputs