PLC Independent Safety Technology
Our ASi systems are wired using a simple two-wire cable. It is easy to handle, avoids wiring mistakes and can be extended without difficulty. When it comes to higher-level systems, our safety and wiring technology can be used with any system and manufacturer and enables simple, fast and thus cost-effective commissioning.
One of the Easiest Installation Concepts Worldwide
With conventional parallel wiring, at least four lines per E-STOP are necessary to achieve PLe, plus additional two lines for the lighting. In case of other safety sensors even more lines might be needed.
Bihl+Wiedemann devices, on the other hand, can send up to 62 safe signals plus the supply voltage over just one 2-conductor cable.
- Simplified wiring – cost savings
- Makes pre-assembly possible
- Much less error-prone than conventional parallel wiring
- Unshielded 2-conductor cable
- Data and power on the same cable
- Piercing technology makes installation simple
- Up to 62 safety slaves
Free choice of topology
- Ring, star or linear structures
- Simple expansion
- AS-Interface features a clever piercing technology using a profiled cable. Simply insert the cable, tighten down – finished. Contact pins always penetrate the profiled cable vertically to guarantee perfect contacting.
- Optimal contacting provided by:
- Vertical contacting – contact security
- 4 or 6 pins per cable and 2 or 3 pins per conductor
Relieves the Fieldbus
PLC independent safety technology relieves the higher level controller: instead of many individual fieldbus slaves only the Safety Gateway is connected to the fieldbus. It collects the safe sensors and actuators directly in the field and controls the actuators.
The use of Bihl+Wiedemann devices enables compact machinery design, since for example the space for decentralized control cabinet can be saved. Therefore the wiring effort required for doors with interlocks for example is significantly reduced. The piercing technology greatly reduces time and effort compared with expensive and cumbersome connector assembly.
- The field installation concept is always the same and reduces the fieldbus slaves – greater overview
- Safety Gateways eliminate the need for expensive measuring instruments thanks to the integrated measuring technology
- Increased performance of the fieldbus and simple expansion of the field modules
If for example multiple light barriers from manufacturer X are used for OSSDs in combination with safety doors with interlocks from manufacturer Y, conventional installation requires that all the components be wired in the control cabinet.
With the active distributors from Bihl+Wiedemann all sensors and actuators can be easily integrated into the network regardless of manufacturer:
- Safety switches
- Safety sensors
- Guard doors
The active distributors from Bihl+Wiedemann allow sensors and actuators to be connected in the field directly where they are used. Such flexible use offers many advantages from the construction site to the continuous flow production.
The safety system can be commissioned regardless of the higher level controller:
- No connector assembly – Plug and Play down to the sensor
- Physical and logical diagnostics integrated
- No additional measuring devices required
Learn how to seamlessly integrate safe sensors and actuators as well as safety monitors into all common automation systems with ASi Safety. Safe and unsafe signals can be transmitted on the same line.
Erfahren Sie, wie Sie mit unserer Sicherheitstechnik-Lösung „Safe Link“ verschiedene Anlagenteile einfach und flexibel miteinander verbinden – auch wenn unterschiedliche Steuerungen eingesetzt werden.
Selection of Mode of Safe Operation
Read all about how our TÜV-certified device facilitates "selection of mode of sfae operation selection": A standard HMI allows you to safely select up to 5 different operating modes for a maximum of 6 plant sections – each with unique safety functions.
Discover an effective way to safely evaluate sensors or rotary encoders by means of our speed monitors. For example, a safe reduced speed can be achieved for setup operation.